Support the Road Home Program & Chicago’s Veterans
This year, the Operation Help-A-Hero Campaign will benefit the Road Home Program At Rush University in honor of PTSD Awareness in the month of June. Please purchase a lawn sign ($20) and/or a snapback trucker hat ($25) to show your support of this amazing program that not only helps our veterans, but their families as well.
The Road Home Program is dedicated to the mental health and wellness of veterans, service members, members of the National Guard, reservists and families at no cost regardless of discharge status. Their program has been recognized as a national center for excellence for veterans and their families. They specialize in treating PTSD that resists traditional methods of treatment. They provide the gold standard of care for our veterans and their families.
Now more than ever before, our communities must come togethers and protect those who have protected us. Too many families are silently carrying the invisible wounds of war. We must do all that we can to help those in need. To make a monetary donation: https://rushgiving.com/helpahero.
This effort is a partnership between the 19th Ward Youth & Community Foundation and the Road Home Program at Rush University.
- Snapback Trucker Hat – Cost: $25; Freedom Isn’t Free Yard Signs – Cost: $20.
- Only hats ordered by June 5th are guaranteed to arrive in June.
- There will be multiple pick-up dates in the 19th Ward, the Northwest side, and Bridgeport. Dates/locations/times coming soon.
In-person purchasing: Orders can be picked up – Dates/Times/Locations to be announced soon
Payment types: Cash and checks only (please make checks out to Road Home Program)
Online purchasing: Orders can be picked up
Payment types: Credit, Debit, Apple Pay and Google Pay
How to Scan the QR Code for Purchasing:
- Open the camera app.
- Select the rear-facing camera in Photo or Camera mode.
- Center the QR code that you want to scan on the screen and hold your phone steady for a couple of seconds.
- Tap the notification that pops up to open the link. (You will need to be connected to the internet to do this.)